At Chobham Academy, we seek to promote a stimulating and caring learning environment, where children are encouraged to reach theirâ¯fullâ¯potential.
This is achieved through a broad and balancedâ¯curriculum, which has at its heart personal interests and learning styles of each individual child in our care. Through the curriculum, we aim to raise the children's awareness of the world around them and to show concern for its people, their ways of thinking and living and for its resources. This solid foundation will be built upon to prepare children for the experiences and responsibilities they will encounter throughout their lives.
Chobham values the partnership of home, school and the community. It is through this partnership that the best interests of the children will be served. Our children will, therefore, see their school as part of a wider community in which they are valued members.â¯
· To enable pupils to develop lively, enquiring minds, the ability to question and argue rationally and to apply themselves to tasks and physical challenges.
· To help children to acquire the knowledge, skills, concepts and behaviour necessary for them to develop intellectually, socially, physically, emotionally and spiritually.
· To instil respect for religious and moral values and tolerance of other races, religions and ways of life.
· To enable pupils to use language, mathematics and ICT effectively.
· To foster strong links between home, school and the community to meet the needs of the children.
· To provide a secure environment in which children can develop successful relationships with both adults and peers.
· To ensure all children, regardless of sex, religion or race have equal opportunities within the curriculum.
· To provide opportunities for children to develop an aesthetic awareness.