How to Apply
Admissions Arrangements for Harris Academy Nursery for 2022-23
Harris Academy Chobham is a state comprehensive school which welcomes children of all backgrounds and abilities.
Chobham consists of a nursery with 52 equivalent full-time admissions; a primary phase of 630 students; Years 7-11 made up of 900 students a sixth form of 300 students.
Our annual admissions number of Reception is 90 children, for Year 7 210 children and for Year 12 150 students.
Nursery applications are dealt with and are to be made directly to the academy. You can download the application form at the bottom of the page or collect from the Primary Reception desk.
You must submit your application in person the Primary reception desk and provide original documents for proof of ID and address. Applications emailed in will not be accepted.
If your child was born in between 01/09/2018 to 31/08/2019 then they will be due to start Nursery in September 2022.
Please do not apply unless your child will be 3 years old before September 2022 as the application will be rejected.
If the child turns 3 years old in the term after September, then they are due to start nursery the coming September (2023).
The Academy Nursery has an agreed admission number of 52 full-time equivalent pupils. The nursery school will be split into two sessions (Morning and Afternoon) - 52 applicants will be accommodated in each session in a mixture of full-time and part-time places.
Morning Session 8.15am-11.30am
Afternoon Session 12.00pm-3.15pm
Full-Time Session 8.15am-3.15pm
15 hours eligibility = 3 hours per day, 5 days per week
30 hours eligibility = 6 hours per day, 5 days per week
For those parents not entitled to the additional 30 hours funded childcare, we can offer a paid full-time place, at a cost of £75 per week charged half termly, paid in advance of the half term starting. All full-time places are subject to 5 days a week
If under subscribed, all applicants will be admitted. If oversubscribed, the following criteria will apply in the order of priority shown.
Nursery Provision Oversubscription Criteria
- Looked after children or previously looked after children
- Children with Education Health Care (EHC) plans where the school is named in the plan.
- Children of staff at the school where the member of staff has been employed at the school for two or more years at the time at which the application for admission to the school is made.
- Children who, on the date of admission, will have an older sibling (i.e. a natural brother or sister, or a half brother or sister, or a legally adopted brother or sister or half-brother or sister, or step brother or sister who will be living with them at the same address at the date of their entry to the Academy) in the nursery or in years R-6 of the Academy. Proof of the sibling relationship will be required (short birth certificates).
- The remaining places will be offered to children who live nearest to the front gates of the Primary phase site of the Academy that is the distance from the Academy entrance in a straight line. Proof of residence will be required (council tax bill, utility bill).